5 Great Reason You Should Golf in the Algarve On Your Next Trip
Written by Editorial Team - 4th Feb 2020
Your gateway to the famous golf courses in Algarve is the city of Faro, located in the heart of Portugal's southern coast. This place offers 200 kilometers of dramatic golden coastline. It is protected by natural parkland and the host of archaeological, architectural, and historical gems. Of course, not to mention being the home of the best recreational facilities in Western Europe, like golf courses in Algarve.
In this post, you'll learn the great reasons why you should golf in Algarve on your next vacation trip to Portugal.
1. Vacation and Sports Fun In One Place
Algarve is not only a golfing destination, but it also gained popularity because of the beautiful sandy beaches. If you're looking forward to practicing your swing on one of the world-class golf courses, you've got to visit Algarve with the help of services like Haven on Earth.
Here are the fun things to do in Algarve:
- Dolphin Watching Tours: Explore the beautiful caves and visit the dolphins, uncovering the sea conditions by starting your Algarve journey on a quest finding dolphins.
- Sunset Cruises: Get to see the famous view of beaches during sunsets, such as Tomatoes beach and Falésia Beach. You can always request the crew to stop the boat so that you can experience ocean swimming. Also, enjoy relaxing, listening to cool music, and drinking your favorite beverages. The Algarve sunset provides a magical view of the sea and beaches.
- Playing Golf: Enjoy playing golf in world-class golf courses, offering challenging obstacles, like lakes, rivers, and bunkers.
- Other Activities: Boating and local site tours
2. Challenging Golf Courses for Seasoned Players
You'll find the best golf courses in Algarve, such as Parque da Floresta. This golf course is built on hillsides with the uneven ground with great views to admire and explore over a fishing village. Because of the different obstacles present in this area, golfing is more challenging with lakes, rivers, and bunkers around.
Here are the good-to-know facts about Parque da Floresta:
- Parque da Floresta is one of the famous golf courses in Europe, making it the ideal destination during golf holidays in Algarve. It has 18 holes, 71 pars, and 6293 yards.
- This golf course is close to Cabo de San Vicente and Sagres, towns located in the most southwest of the country and mainland Europe.
- There are no holes similar, giving this golf course a unique path that is appreciated by its imaginative design.
- Parque da Floresta offers fantastic views aside from the perfect golf course terrains, allowing you to explore the Algarve countryside and even the magnificent Atlantic Ocean and beyond.
3. Stunning Scottish Golfing Venue
One of the best golf courses that will provide you a wild and stunning Scottish coastal golfing venue is Palmares. It's located on the Lagos Bay with a newly redesigned golf course by Robert Trent Jones II. The greens are fast and huge with subtle burrows, which makes playing golf more challenging. Get to enjoy golfing with the stunning views of the sea and the Monchique mountains. You can choose to play in Lagos, Praia, or Alvor with 27 holes, 71 pars, and 6920 yards.
Another golf course is found in Armação de Pêra, the Oceanico Faldo. You'll be greeted with a warm welcome, and you'll enjoy the tough test of playing golf in this par -72 6,604-meter championship course, which demands careful positioning.
4. Interesting and Attractive Courses
In Boavista Golf Resort, you'll find the place very impressive with interesting and attractive holes. The 18-hole championship golf course is an exceptional place, offering the best golf playing conditions. The two distinct parts of Boavista's offers include the Resort Section and the Country Section.
From your first ever tee shot to your last putt, this stunning golf course provides an enjoyable range and challenging paths for all golfer levels. You won't forget playing over the ravine at par 3's (192 meters). You'll find water features from 13th to 17th holes like a part of an irrigation system, providing a safe haven for wild birds.
5. The venue of Portuguese Open Championships
Do you want to feel like you’re playing in a famous Portuguese Open Championship venue? You've got to visit Le Meridien Penina Golf and Resort in the Algarve. You can step out of your hotel room and start playing on its three golf courses.
Sir Henry Cotton designed this championship golf course. The golf club and hotel are unique with a tranquil setting, showing nature at its best with its outstanding nature views. It was the first golf course in the Algarve that hosted five Portuguese Open Championships with 18 holes, 73 pars, and 6900 yeards. Today, it's considered as one of the most luxurious championship golf courses, which is perfect for both newbies and experts alike.
There are a lot more golf courses found in the Algarve. What makes this place unique is that it offers a wide array of golf courses with great amenities and beautiful views. You can go on vacation and go golfing at the same time. You can feel like a champion knowing you're playing in a Portuguese Open Championship venue. Enjoy playing golf in Algarve with friends and family on your next trip.